Tuesday 15 May 2012

Birthdays & Butterflies


Morning all, this is my card to share today








I have finally had chance to play with my new Silhouette Cameo, it is fantastic! 

There is so many features the list is endless so so easy when you need a quick card.

I designed the letters then did a shadow of the letters to lay them on, the paper cut perfectly and then the mirror card well this cut like butter on a cut depth of 3 as this goes up to 10 so cutting super thick card will be no problem.

For the flourish I dotted around the lines with a pencil first then stuck the rhinestones one by one.

The flower was from the quickcutz library, I cut 3 flowers then shaped and layered them then added a beautiful rhinestone embellishment for an extra bit of bling.  My fav Colour pink ribbon although I have had to refrain from using my normal extra wide ribbon but I feel it would of drowned the card! 
Placed the flower on top and there you have a quick card.

Once I did the design studio work, I then popped over to publisher and added all the sentiment, the greeting inside and the signature on the back.

Thanks for dropping by 

Hugs

Mel xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mel - this card is absolutely stunning as are all of your others in the gallery. You have a very distinctive style which I love. Warm Wishes Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is gorgeous ! i am thinking about getting a silhouette cameo in the near future ,i just bought a cricut but didnt realize at the time that i couldnt cut any cutting files i liked so now i am saving my pennies do you recommend the cameo ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roma, Sorry I didnt reply earlier havent been on for a while! Cameo all the way for me. I have a cricut expression which is great but I like to design everything myself so you can do just that with the cameo and you can cut thicker card with it too. I had the previous model to the cameo and loved that so I upgraded to the cameo when it first came out as I knew I would love that too, the only downside is the price of the blades they are more expensive than the cricut, and the cutting mats are expensive too, I use my cricut 12 x 12 mats in it to make it more economical.


      mel.xx

      Delete